My breakfast on days that I feel like having something other than eggs.
Below is the recipe I followed from LowCarbYum.com. I replaced stevia with Xylitol.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 packet xylitol
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 3 eggs add another if batter is too thick
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour about 25g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- water optional
Whisk together butter, cream, stevia, salt, eggs and vanilla extract.
In another bowl, combine coconut flour and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Let batter sit to thicken. If too thick, thin out batter by adding an additional egg or more liquid (water or heavy cream).
Lightly oil skillet and heat over medium heat. Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter onto skillet to make pancakes about 2-3 inches in diameter.
Original recipe called for 4 eggs, but experience has shown 3 is better and makes the pancakes less eggy. Also, additional cream can be added if batter is too thick.
Makes 12 small silver dollar sized pancakes