Saw a recipe from www.sugarfreemom.com and decided to bake myself a keto low carb coconut flour bread. I just bought a big packet of flaxseed meal from Bake with Yen so this recipe is perfect.
Kinda burnt on the top so I just scraped off the black part before eating.
Tadaa…having my bread with some butter. The bread tasted pretty good and moist too. It looks brown like wholemeal bread because of the flaxseed meal.
I was out with the family for breakfast the next day and I brought my keto bread with me to Antipodean and ate it with my scrambled egg.
Below is the recipe from www.sugarfreemom.com
- 6 eggs or 1- 1/4 cup total
- 1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup water or heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp Swerve sweetener or choice (I omitted this)
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer place the eggs, oil, cream or milk and blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixer and blend until incorporated.
- Sprinkle optional toasted sesame seeds on top of loaf if desired.
- Line a 1.5 Quart (8 by 4) loaf pan, with parchment paper and pour batter in pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Net Carbs per slice: 1 gram
- If you have chickens and very large eggs compared to store bought chicken eggs, you should use just 4-5 instead of 6.