Ashley’s cousin, Kulnita is staying with us for a few days with Mah Mah. Needless to say, Ashley is so happy to have someone to play with. However, her 6 years old cousin is not too thrilled as Ashley kept pinching her and pull her hair. She thinks it’s fun eventhough we kept telling her not to do it. Hope this is just a phase.
- look at children and scream with delight when she sees them (she does this at the mall and everyone would turn to look at us)
- point her finger at things that she finds interesting or to where she wants us to take her
- suck her thumb when she wants to sleep and at the same time uses her left hand to play with my hair
- watch Barney and Friends on Playhouse Disney and also the vcds that Mika’s Mummy lent us (sorry BG, I haven’t copied them and return the vcds to you. will do it asap)
- read the “Baby’s First….” books and point out the things that we ask her
- push her car around because she doesn’t know how to climb onto the car and sit on it
- look at motorbikes and make a “grrrr” sound whenever she sees one
- ask for food whenever she sees us eating
- bite on the remote controls so we try not to let her see them
- see her own reflection on the glass door
Today is Ashley 1st Birthday. Can’t imagine that exactly one year ago, I gave birth to my little princess. Still remember every minute of it (including the excruciating pain thereafter). Would I go through this again? At the moment, I’m not sure.
I was really depressed the first two months after delivery as I realised that I didn’t know how to take care of a baby. I began to worry a lot like how to bathe her, feed her, what to do when she cries, etc. I was a nervous wreck eventhough my mum and mum-in-law were around during the confinement period. I remember telling a friend that I wish babies came with a manual. At least we, first-time mommies know what to do whenever they cry, puked, etc…
I still remember the first time we took her out to the mall. We went to Mid Valley when she was about 2.5 months old. Yes, I waited until then to take her out. She didn’t like it when we put her in the stroller so we carried her when she cried a little. Then we put her down again for a while as it was tiring. We continued to do this a few times and in the end, my poor baby threw up all the milk she drank about 2 hours ago. It happened at the Jusco supermarket when I was queing up to pay for the groceries. Hubby was holding her and he had milk all over his hands At that time, I really panicked and my mum was nowhere in sight. I didn’t even know what to do so I called my mum on her handphone and asked her to come over right away (mum was at the bakery section). When mum came, we went straight to the changing room and cleaned Ashley. When I think back, I really cannot imagine how silly I was. I just stood there and waited for my mum to take Ashley to the changing room.
Of course, now, 1 year later, I am more experienced but I still have a lot to learn. It’s not easy being a parent. However, I enjoy taking care of Ashley. Seeing her grow every day is such a joy.