Can we have fruits when we are following the Keto or Low Carb way of eating? Well most definitely. Some fruits are high in carbohydrates so we have to be careful the types of fruits to consume. I did a little research online and came across this list of fruits that is best suited for keto diet.
Fruit with less than 10 Net Carbs
These serving sizes of fruit have less than 10 grams of net carbs (carb minus the fiber).
- 1 cup of raw strawberries (6.6 net carbs)
- 1 cup of raw raspberries (8.4 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup of raw blueberries (8.6 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup of raw boysenberries (8.0 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup of blackberries (5.9 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup raw grapes (7.1 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup raw pineapple (8.7 net carbs)
- 1 raw plum (8.6 net carbs)
- 1 medium tangerine (9.4 net carbs)
- 1 raw lime (7.1 net carbs)
- 1/2 medium apple (9.0 net carbs)
- 1/2 Valencia orange (5.2 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup raw honeydew melon (7.8 net carbs)
- 1/2 cup raw cantaloupe (5.7 net carbs)
- 1/4 cup Watermelon (2.6g net carbs)
Berries are full of nutrients and tend to be lower in sugar than most fruits. So when you are craving for some fruits, try the berries. Add them to your keto muffins and cakes. You can also have the fruits with some heavy cream for dessert.