Last Sunday was Mother’s Day and I decided to bake myself a keto cake. Everyone has been trying their hands on baking Basque or Burnt Cheesecake while in quarantine/lockdown so much so that cream cheese is sold out at most places. I decided to try the keto version – Keto Burnt Cheesecake, following The Almost Famous Mum’s recipe.
On Saturday morning, hubs and I went to Aeon Mid Valley to look for cream cheese as the Bake With Yen outlet in our neighbourhood has sold out its cream cheese. Reached Mid Valley at 8.10am and there were a number of shoppers already. Just before we took the escalator up, we had to have our temperature taken and hand sanitized. Then in front of Aeon, we have to queue and when it is ok to go, we have another round of temperature scan and hand sanitized. Alas, there was no cream cheese in sight. So after grabbing some things, I rushed over to Aeon Big to find cream cheese while hubs waited for me. Over there, I had to queue before going in. Another round of temperature scan and hand sanitized. At Aeon Big, customers have to record the name, contact number and temperature taken into the logbook. Eventhough this process is troublesome, it is a good way for contact tracing if the unexpected arises. I headed first to the cheese section and was so glad to see the last 2 blocks of cream cheese on the shelf.
I bought one and hurriedly pay for it and left Mid Valley at around 9.15 am.
Here is the Keto Burnt Cheesecake recipe from The Almost Famous Mom.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a 7-inch cake pan by lining it with baking paper, making sure the paper extends about 2 inches above the top of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and sweetener until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, make sure to scrap the side of the bowl to mix it well.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract (if using) and beat until well incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the almond flour.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, gently tap the pan to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and let it bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is nicely burnt / dark brown. (Tips: the cake is done when the center is set to touch)
Put all the ingredients in and mix them up.
I don’t have a round pan so I used my rectangle pan.
My Keto Burnt Cheesecake. It deflated a bit after a while. I let the cake cool for about an hour and then kept it in the fridge for 4 hours before eating.
It is very creamy and delicious.
Thank you Almost Famous Mom for the fantastic and easy to follow recipe!