I have been craving for Indian bread ever since I started the keto way of eating. I miss roti canai, chapati, thosai and naan which are a breakfast staple for many in Malaysia. I stumbled upon a keto thosai (Keto Dosa) recipe last week which is so easy to make that I jumped right into it. This keto version replaces the original ingredients with coconut milk, almond flour and cheese.
My first attempt at making keto thosai.
My second attempt. Please excuse the shape of my thosai.
I can eat these over and over again. They are so good!
Here are the ingredients:-
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- a pinch of salt (you can omit if you want)
- a pinch cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon warm water (optional)
Mix ingredients 1 to 5 in a bowl. Allow the batter rest for at least 10-15 minutes. If the batter is too thick, add some warm water.
Grease the pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter and spread evenly in a circular shape.
Drizzle some oil and cook on medium-low heat until it turns golden and the sides begin to lift a bit from the pan.
Fold over and serve.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
- You can use dairy cream, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, greek yogurt instead to substitute coconut milk.
- If you don’t want cheese, then you can replace it with egg.
What’s good about this thosai recipe is that we can use it as a taco or wrap.