On Christmas morning, I woke up yearning for some bread and cakes because the night before, everyone was having fruit cake, gingerbread and dessert after dinner. I did not have any because there were not keto or low carb. As I wanted something to eat quickly and does not take a lot of cooking time, I decided to whip up some Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes.
I am so happy that I received a packet of JoyMix Zerro Erythritol recently. I have been searching high and low for Erythritol in Malaysia but to no avail. I did not want to get any from overseas as the courier charges are too high. Can you imagine my delight when I discovered that it is now available here? I prefer using Erythritol to Stevia or Xylitol. The reason is that Erythritol does not leave a bitter aftertaste that can be found with other sweeteners. Also, it does not seem to cause the same digestive problems as other sugar alcohols.
Here are the ingredients for my Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes.
* 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
* 2 Tablespoon of Heavy Whipping Cream
* 3 Eggs
* 2 Tablespoon of Joymix Zerro Erythritol
* 1/2 cup of Butter
* 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
* 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
* a pinch of salt
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds and add in the heavy cream and whisk together.
2. Once the mixture has cooled a bit, add in the 3 eggs, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of erythritol.
4. Then add the dry ingredients in together with the wet ones and whisk together till a smooth batter is formed.
5. Heat a non-stick pan and heat some butter. Next, ladle in the pancake batter.
6. Fry the pancake on a low to medium flame. I like to cover it with a lid and cook for 2 minutes and then flip it over.
Once the pancake is done, remove from the pan and serve with whatever you like. I like mine with butter and this time, I also sprinkled a bit of erythritol onto the pancakes.
This mix makes 5 pancakes and they are filling. I had 2 pieces for breakfast and kept the rest for later. These pancakes taste superb with the JoyMix Zerro Erythritol. Yums! If you would like to find out more about the erythritol, do click on the link above. Looks like I will be baking more from now on because I have found the sweetener that I want. Please stay tuned for more of my baking adventure.