So last week I tried my hands at baking something new. They are Keto Egg Tarts! I was salivating when I saw Kat Chang, a member of the Keto Baked Group in Facebook posted the recipe.
These are the ingredients.
Putting the base into the muffin pan.
Poured the wet ingredients into the pan.
Voila! Here are my Keto Egg Tarts. Though they do not look like the normal smooth egg tarts, I am happy to say that they are pretty delicious like the non-keto ones. However, I find them too sweet. Must remember to reduce the erythritol next time. Do you want to give them a try? Check out the recipe instructions below. The recipe is from Kat Chang of the Keto Baked group.
Almond flour 135g
Erythritol 40g (reduce it if you don’t want the tarts to be so sweet)
Melted unsalted butter 55g
Salt 1/4 tsp
Sugar free soy milk 90g (I replaced it with Almond milk)
Erythritol 30g (reduce it)
Heavy whipping cream 90g
3 Egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 190 degree Celcius
- Mix all dry ingredients and divide into 4 portions
- Place them into a muffin pan, press it with fingers and try to make them all in the same thickness like 5mm
- Mix heavy whipping cream and erythritol in a small pan, heat it until dissolved. Then let it cool for 5 mins.
- Whisk egg yolks and soy milk (or almond milk)
- Pour heavy whipping cream mixture into egg yolks that have been mixed with soy milk. Stir it slowly with a mixer when pouring in.
- Fill the crust with No. 6 above at around 90%full
- Bake for 15 mins and then cover with a piece of foil paper on top of the muffin pan. Rotate the pan 180 degrees and turn oven to 180 degrees Celcius, and continue baking for 8 mins.
- Remove tarts when they are completely cooled.